Grand total? $47.78. Doesn't sound that impressive, I know. However, I'm pretty pleased with the results, especially when I really break down the individual prices for everything. Still got some bits and pieces to figure out, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.
Here's the breakdown (for those who care!).
- Benefiber - $18.99 (for 125 serving size). WG coupon - $3.00; Manufacturer coupon $2.00 = $13.99
- Eclipse Gum (the only gum Chris really likes). Normally we buy the little packets that in a set of 3 each with 12 pieces. Can't remember the exact price off the top of my head, but around $2.50 for a sheet. Walgreens sale for a 60 piece packet at $1.99 each. Bought 3 for a total of $5.97. That will last him hopefully for the rest of the year! I've really rarely seen coupons or sales on this gum, so I decided it was worth stocking up on while I could.
- OFF bug repelent (very necessary for disc golfing) - $5.49 - WG coupon - 1.00; - 0.75 coupon = $3.74
- Lysol Toilet Cleaner (I make most of my own cleaners now; however, laundry detergent and toilet bowl cleaner I really haven't found anything I like). These were on sale for $1.50 for 2. I had two coupons for 50c each making my grand total - $1.00 a piece!
- Aluminium foil - Walgreens had a coupon for 2/$1, and I bought 4. It's not like it will go bad, and for $.50 each, a pretty good bargain.
- Walgreens Hydrogen peroxcide and rubbing alcohol - $0.99 coupon - bought 3.
- Deerfield dried fruit on sale for $1.00 a box. Bought 3 boxes (raisins and prunes - yes, yes, I like prunes. Get over it!).
- Encore Spices: I like fresh best; however, with my reputation as a plant killer and given how expensive fresh is to buy in the store - we stick with dried. Normally these are $.99 each. However, WG was running a special on 2/$1 so I bought the limit of 6 for a grand total of $3.00!
- Wheat thins. One manufacturer's coupon for $3.19. Paid $0.40.
- Anna's cookies (which I adore) - $1.00 a box (normally anywhere from $1.50 to $2.50 depending on where you shop).
- Ziplock bag - on sale for $0.99 each - bought 4.
And my two favorites...
- Cereal: 2 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios and 1 Fiber One. WG had a special of buy 3 for $7.00 get a $2.00 in-store credit for a future trip. Add to that $2.60 of coupons, and I got them for $0.80 each!
- Edge Shaving cream (Chris' preferred brand) - originally $2.99. On sale for $1.99. Add in a coupon for $1.00 - grand total of $0.99!
Subtract an additional $5.50 for a purchase I had made a few weeks ago which gave me an in-store credit.
And there you have my total of $47.78 plus a $2.00 in-store credit for next time.
Total Savings? $43.38!
I love these games :)