Thursday, April 18, 2013

Call the Midwife

Not for me--don't worry, Mum. I just took the advice of several people, and watched Season One of Call the Midwife through Netflix. Am now watching Season Two because I thoroughly enjoyed Season One.

I find the show fascinating. Everything I have read of the post World War II era in England is beautifully represented in the shows. The births are definitely very realistic (Chris says its to traumatic for him!), but the variety of situations and the well-interwoven personal stories of the midwives are intriguing and often thought provoking.

My thanks to everyone who told me I should watch it. You know me well.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love that show, too! Jonathan isn't a big fan of the birth scenes either, so I watch it on my own. Have you watched Downton Abbey? We also like Law and Order UK. :)

Hillery said...

Yay! Me too!

Ouph said...

Have seen Season 1 of Downton Abbey. Haven't seen anything past that. Waiting for it to come to Netflix :)

Hillery said...

Sadly downtown will not be coming to Netflix. Season 1 and two are on hulumplus. But season 3 was sold exclusively to amazon where y have to pay by the episode. I chose to watch it through other means, *cough*. I was a bit disappointed with season 3. Killed two of my fave characters. Rather appalling. Oh well?

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...