Sunday, July 3, 2011

Daybook July 3

Outside my window...the wind is blowing up a storm. Rain keeps falling on and off all day in-between brilliant sunshine. My garden has four tomatoes growing and one jalapeno pepper. All very exciting. I hope the storm doesn't crush anything.

I am thinking...of a paper I just finished editing for the Doctoral program I free lance for. Phew--fun citations on that one. My head is now very tired.

I am thankful for...a husband who could watch the Blueberry today so I could get said paper edited without constant interruptions.

From the learning rooms...[or in our case--the learning brain]...We have playing catch, standing up, playing peek-a-boo, and (be still my heart) giving kisses voluntarily! So much fun! We also have a couple more teeth fighting their way through (not so much fun).

From the kitchen...is a mess currently. And I believe it will stay a mess until tomorrow morning as I'm done for the day. However the Masaman curry was fantastic.

I am wearing...a green sundress. Comfy but pretty. All good.

I am creating...a plan for going to bed. And sleeping.

I am going...to follow through on the above plan. Sensible, huh?

In my mailbox lately.. .have come a number of Paperbackswap books--several of them ordered by Hillery for me (thanks Hillery!). A delightful package also came from the above mentioned Hillery with yet another book and some clothes for Blueberry (three cheers for being the "hand-me-down-to" kid), including an adorable swimsuit. Perfect timing as I was about to have to go buy her one.

I am reading.. . the third book in the Rhineland Inheritance. And about to break out some of these books that arrived in the mail.

I am hoping...for a nice quiet week.

I am hearing...fireworks crackling outside my window (since I wrote my first entry regarding the rain and wind--the rain has died down but the wind has not).

Around the house...Blueberry has scattered toys and books and cds and dvds across the floor. But like the kitchen, it's just going to have to wait until tomorrow to be cleaned up. Because this Mama is pooped.

One of my favorite things...baby kisses!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
  • possibly taking Blueberry swimming tomorrow (first time!)
  • Wee One's class Tuesday morning (with Blueberry) and Thursday night (without)
  • grocery shopping
  • cleaning up the above mentioned messes and catching up on laundry
  • a bike in the park
  • lunch with a friend
  • no floods, broken washing machines, or any such nastiness.

Here is picture (or more) for thought I am sharing...


Want to join in? Go check out The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...