Monday, June 27, 2011

Daybook June 27

Outside my window...sunshine keeps flashing through the clouds but ominous dark clouds hover nearby. Expecting rain to come pouring down any minute. But we'll see. This is the Ozarks after all and the weather is unpredictable at best.

I am thinking...about trust and faith. Sometimes the two hardest things in my world I believe.

I am thankful for...sister-in-laws who nicely fold my daughter's laundry for me. A little gesture--a big blessing.

From the learning rooms...[or in our case--the learning brain]...There has been a lot of tongue sticking out this week as well as ever increasing mobility. More than once Blueberry has begun to let go and stand for a few seconds on her own before sitting down (sometimes hard) on her rump. Mommy has been learning a lot (again) on diaper rash treatments. Think we've maybe finally hit on something that seems to be doing the trick in clearing up this stupid rash for good.

From the kitchen...not our kitchen but a friend's kitchen...came Blueberry's first experience with a tryptophan-high. They made a yummy, yummy turkey for lunch the other day (to which we were invited), Blueberry chowed down, and then became glaze-eyed and incredibly chill. Put her down for a nap and she slept solidly for 2 hours. Hee, hee, hee...I love a new baby sleeping trick!

I am wearing...sweats and a t-shirt. Not very glamorous today I'm afraid. Had a distinct need for comfort over glamor.

I am creating...(finally) a monthly menu plan. We'll see how it works out in the end, but it's at least a start. I really should take it one step further and plan it seasonally, but we'll see how it goes.

I am going...back and forth between my house and my bro and sister-in-laws house today. Fortunately not too many times. And fortunately they live only half a mile away. But still. Why? See Around the House.

In my mailbox today.. .was junk. How boring.

I am reading.. . the second book in the Rhineland Inheritance. Really enjoying the books so far. Good writer. Good research. Yay for a enjoyable series. Also introducing Blueberry to Paddington Bear. Here's hoping for a long term relationship in her life.

I am hoping...to figure out what to do with this crazy amount of doctor/hospital bills.

I am hearing...Blueberry crunch on puffs and hum to herself as she does so.

Around the house...our flooring is fixed! And, praise the Lord, we didn't have to buy new boards or anything. All the old flooring went back down nicely. On the bad side, though, our washing machine is leaking. Not sure what's going on there yet, but I'm trying to ignore it's existence. Utilizing my sister-in-law's machine today.

One of my favorite things...peanut butter brownies. mmm.....

A few plans for the rest of the week:
  • First Wee One's class on Tuesday - that should be fun.
  • Wednesday - dinner with a friend during which we will get to meet her new adopted baby
  • Thursday - crazy day - I have a lunch date with a friend as well as a birthday party in the evening, to which I will have to go late as I also have another Wee Ones class at the studio. Phew.
  • Friday is Date Night - need to set some plans for that one
  • Saturday I'm going with one of my best friends to help her start her baby registry (yay!)
Phew. Got to fit some groceries in there somewhere.

Here is picture (or more) for thought I am sharing...

Imagine the Turkey-High...


Want to join in? Go check out The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...