Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pancake Tuesday and a Happy New Year to all!

Are you confused? Allow me to elucidate.

It's Shrove Tuesday today and although we are not having any pancake races we are still having crepes for dinner (have I told you about my amazing gluten free crepe recipe? Because if I haven't...let me just say that it is phenomenal and if you didn't know that they were GF, you never would know! Again, thank you Susan O'Brien. But I digress...). Although Shrove Tuesday officially marks the day before Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent - more on that tomorrow - for my personal calendar I'm labeling it New Years. At least for 2009.

You see, I'm not quite sure what happened to the first two months of this year. They've just kind of...well...vanished. I feel like I skipped from the end of 2008 to the last few days of February 2009 and just missed the entire month of January and the first two-thirds of February. So, I decided that this is officially going to be the beginning of my year...I guess you could call tonight my New Year's Eve...because, frankly, I can't catch up. So, rather than trying to kill myself in a vain attempt to catch up and thus probably getting farther and farther behind all year...I'm instead just going to start where I'm at with my own fresh New Year.

So, happy pancakes and an even happier new year to you!

More on the traditional New Years Resolutions later because, after all, what is a New Year without resolutions?!

No comments:

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...