Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jog

I'm home. Been home since late Thursday night, actually. Mostly over jet lag, but definitely still catching up on everything that's happened since we left.

The house was still standing. All of our girls are still here. Just lots of emails and things to do and some behaviors to address and definitely some love and attention and reassurance to give. The girls were very enthusiastic about our return, which is nice as I would hate to think they would prefer us to not be here! Our relief house parents (the couple who filled in most of the time while we were gone) were also definitely enthusiastic about giving us the house back!

Since coming home, Chris and Blueberry have both had colds. Hope those are beginning to clear up. Blueberry has had a hard time settling back down at night, but appears to be happy to be home. Calista was so excited to see us that she was literally whining in her joy. Rather hysterical to behold.

I'm okay. Had a definite increase in contractions since our final journey home; however, saw my midwife today and everything checks out well, so keep up the fluids, rest, and all should be good. Baby Q himself is bouncy and kicky and most definitely growing.

I now look ahead to the looming holidays and the rapidly approaching arrival of Baby Q himself into our lives. The to-do list stresses me out, so I'm just taking it one day at a time, one item at a time, and I figure we'll get there one way or the other.

I shall be looking backwards to our trip over the next few days with photos and journals and other thoughts, so keep reading for all our trip news!


No comments:

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...