Thursday, February 13, 2014

Daybook February 12, 2014

Outside my window...is a blanket of snow. As this is our first real snow-fall of the season, it's lovely to see. But I really don't mind that we haven't suffered through the snow the rest of the country has dealt with this winter.

I am thinking...of loss. Friends of our have lost a mentor and a friend. It's hard to not be able to help in times like these, other than the prayers that can hopefully be felt, if not be tangibly held.

I am thankful for...being off work this week. North Carolina is way worse than Springfield in regards to handling weather. Two weeks ago we had our first "snow." And by "snow," I refer to a vague dusting that was melted the next day. However, it cost us an early release from school on the Tuesday, two missed days, and then a late start on the Friday, it made for a very long week. As we're repeating that pattern this week (at least it seems to be a little more legitimate though!), I'm glad to be off.

From the learning rooms...[or in our case--the learning brain]...Baby Q is walking with greater confidence. Which is a little frightening as he's also climbing. Which means he's climbing and walking and getting into everything. Blueberry, on the other hand, is taking on the world of imagination with a vengeance. She's very good at luring other kids into her play worlds as well, which is fun.

I am wearing...pajamas. Because it's my pajama day while off.

I am creating...plans for exploring Charlotte and surrounding areas. Also, need to find some easy hiking for my dad when he visits. Not that he needs easy hiking, but it would be nice to go together.

I am going...nowhere. Unless it's to go back out and play in the snow tomorrow.

In my mailbox today.. .nothing because I didn't check it! However, we have received several birthday cards and gifts for Baby Q lately. Always exciting.

I am reading.. .My mother-in-law's book series: The Alliance, and enjoying it greatly. Buy it. It's worth it.

I am hoping...to pay another good chunk against Chris' student loan this month. We'll find out tomorrow.

I am hearing...the distant echo of the TV next door. Other than that, some blissful silence. I was enjoy the other-worldly peace of the snow falling earlier.

Around the house...things are looking up. They were rather messy the last few days; progress (and therefore tidiness) has returned.

One of my favorite things...roses from my husband. An early Valentine's day gift, so we could enjoy them all week.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
  • do the budget
  • go shopping for Valentine's day for the children
  • relax
  • Scrapbook
  • make a few phone calls
  • Skype my parents (ahem)
  • read to and play with my children
  • hang with my hubby
  • eat Thai food
  • get physicals for the kids

Here is picture (or more) for thought I am sharing...




My children: apparently anti-snow. Must take after their Papa.


Want to join in? Go check out The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...