Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Springful Insanity

Spring is in the air and I feel slightly insane. I can’t help myself. There’s just something about this time of year when the weather starts getting warmer, the trees start budding, every day I have to keep my eyes wide-open because plants that looked dead are all of the sudden alive and beautiful, and there’s just this general feeling of aliveness that pervades the air….it makes me giddy!

I even find myself thinking I’m capable of understanding such nonsense as Alice’s quotes on life and worlds because suddenly anything seems possible and the sluggish cobwebs that have tried to wrap my brain into gooey messiness throughout the winter are suddenly snapping and I can think clearly again. Or not so clearly, depending on your perspective. No idea what quotes I’m talking about?

Read and analyze this one (if you dare!). “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” - Alice in Wonderland

Makes perfect sense to me. At least in Spring it does.

What does Spring do to you?

3 comments:

Hillery said...

It makes me want to sleep. Or at least lie in a hammock for most of the day! It makes me want to take things slower and enjoy the cool/warm days while they last!

Mercutio said...

Spring makes me want to open the windows and play Halo with the sun streaming in thru the curtains.

Also, it makes me want to go and sit in a dark theater and watch movies.

Sunshine also makes me want to sneeze. You know, grab a box of Kleenex, go outside, and open my nasal passages to vicious tearing.

:)

Amber said...

It makes me drive with the windows down, skip math time to take my class kite flying and get a chocolate dip cone from DQ.

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...