Friday, February 26, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 11)

1. So I started out my day with a certain number of possessions, and by 2:45pm they had expanded to quite a few more. It's kind of overwhelming.

My birthday present came in the mail today (an under-the-counter radio for our kitchen--YAY!--other than the fact that it now needs to actually be put under the counter...hmmmm...I wonder who I can get to that?) along with a very overgrown boppy which is basically a desperate attempt for me to find pillows that I'm actually comfortable sleeping on right now. Crossing my fingers and praying this will work.

Then a co-worker of mine dropped off about 5 books on pregnancy, babies, etc as well as a bag full of other goodies like maternity clothes. She just had her second baby so is not going to be needing any of them for awhile. I feel very blessed.

*************************************

2. In other happenings of recent days--Robins have been spotted in our back yard. I'm praying and praying and praying that they were not simply mistaken and are now going to freeze to death or that they weren't actually headed somewhere else and were just using our fence as a temporarily stopping place, but that they are here to stay--with SPRING! Because, frankly, I'm done with cold weather now, thank you very much.

*************************************

3. Last weekend we went to see Stomp (we also took my brother and his wife along). This is the second time (for me--third for Christopher) that we've had the opportunity to see them. And once again it was a satisfying, intriguing, fun show.

*************************************

4. For my mother. From Valentine's day. Not the most flattering picture, but there you have it--Blueberry is taking over!
*************************************

5. My brain today reminded me very much of a conversation from season 1 of Gilmore Girls:

Rory
: Can brains hurt?
Lorelai
: Yes, it's hypochondria hour.
Rory
: No, I'm serious. Last night when I was reading my biology chapters I distinctly heard a ping in the vicinity of my brain.
Lorelai
: Your brain pinged?
Rory
: Yeah. It just went like 'dink'.
Lorelai
: Well then, honey, your brain dinked. It didn't ping.
Rory
: Well I hardly think a dinking brain is better than a pinging brain.

I think I dinked. Brain quit functioning. Very problematic when trying to get things done at work.

*************************************

6. Goal for this weekend: tackling the scary closet in our study so I can move the scariness (hopefully as a slightly less scary mass) to the current guest room/new study. Pray for me. I think I may need it.

*************************************

7. What is up with pregnancy appetites? For the first three months I thought I was going to die, or at least put on 10 pounds, because of how hungry I was all the time. And now I'm varying from day to day, hour to hour. Sometimes I feel like I Must have food NOW or I will keel over and then other times I haven't eaten for quite awhile and I'm really not hungry but I really, probably should eat something because skipping meals altogether is generally not the greatest of ideas and especially when you have something else to keep alive as well. But then of course I wake up at 1am and have to get out of bed and find a snack because I've returned to the "must have food NOW or death" stage. You'd think I could at least be consistent! I hope this isn't a foreshadowing of Blueberries eating habits to come...

4 comments:

almamater said...

Appetite has been weird for me during this pregnancy, too. Haven't had much of one, but like you, make myself eat. Also just haven't really had cravings and nothing seems appealing. Always fun guessing.

Also, you mentioned foreshadowing of "Blueberries" eating habits...There is only ONE Blueberry, right? Was this a foreshadowing or a ping? ;)

You look great! Thanks for sharing the pic.

Hillery said...

So happy that you got an under the counter radio for yourself! I am very sad that mine did not do well with the move. Radio still works, CD player does not. Makes me want to cry a little!!! Hope the giant boppy pillow works for you. I am having more night time pain and waking now as I approach the third trimester, and am not enjoying it in the least. So I have taken to sleeping during the day instead!ha!

The appetite thing actually made me laugh out loud, because I sometimes do the same thing. There are days where I eat all day. Then yesterday, hardly anything at all, and I didn't feel hungry. And yes, I am guilty of a bowl of cereal or bananas and milk at 2 am as well! I have mentioned this to other people and they thought I was crazy, nope, just more like my friend Hanna!

Glad I have your blog to keep up with you! Maybe I should revisit mine?

Ouph said...

Almamater--Ping only I hope! Or maybe it's a dink? something like that.

Hillery--If I'm not crazy, then you're not crazy. But of course that all depends on the If of me not being crazy!

I sometimes wonder if the weird sleeping schedule and uncomfortableness is our body's ways of preparing us to getting used to being up at all hours of the night?

And yes, I highly approve of revisiting your blog! Although emails are good too :)

Anonymous said...

How could my daughter look anything but absolutely beautiful. Oh this is so exciting!
Mum

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...