Friday, September 14, 2012

7 Quick Takes (vol. 27)


#1 -Thanks to Netflix, I've been watching a lot of Hercule Poirot lately in my (ha ha) free time. Which basically means I'll watch a bunch at once and none for a long time. I do love Poirot. Any ways, Blueberry settled into her little lazy boy chair this afternoon and announced she was going to watch "Poro" with me, which I find rather amusing. Fortunately the episodes aren't bloody or violent, more intellectual. And for my geek readers out there, I was surprised and delighted to find one of the actors in an episode last night to be Christopher Eccleston (for those who this name does not bring immediate recognition, he's the 9th Doctor from Doctor Who--for those who have no idea what that means, well, I can't help you. You're missing out. Embrace your inner geek and watch.).

*****************

#2 - Just got a new book thanks to my aunt (in-law). How the Heather Looks  by Joan Bodger. From the description, a families trip to discover the location of famous British children's literature. The description excites me and I'm now contemplating how fast I can finish my current book because this one is begging to be read!

*****************

#3 - Am supposed to be doing the bills right now. Am instead procrastinating by writing instead. Utilizing the skills the Lord has given me--keeping fresh--ok, ok. Avoiding a task I just don't want to do. I admit. Have been painstakingly working through my to do list. I feel like we're getting through pretty smoothly so far. I just have to keep the momentum going. Fortunately, I'm finally beginning to feel like I've gotten some energy. First time in this pregnancy so far. Apparently baby boys exhaust me.

*****************

#4 - In one week from today I should be on an airplane on my way to England. Yayness!

*****************

#5 - Enjoyed the half-price day at a consignment sale today. Didn't need much for Blueberry, but was trying to get some inspiration for Baby Q. Don't want to buy much for him at this point because I imagine we'll be given some (permanently or borrowing), but I had to enjoy some :)  By the time he's born, we'll only be a month or so out from the spring consignment sale, so I figure I can really get what I need then (in terms of clothes) with much better knowledge.

*****************
#6 - Why is it that I can never find jeans that I really like but I've managed to buy two pairs of maternity jeans that look great? One online (needed hemming--was a petite size but still had to hem it) and one off the rack in a speed shopping trip that took me a total of 15 minutes from the time I parked to the time I checked out. The second pair was an emergency pair. I had two pairs of jeans from Blueberry--one of which had paint stains and was just rather grungy--comfy for around the house but not ones I like to wear out much; the other a nice fitting, looking, pair of jeans. Well the nice pair went and got a hole in the crotch making them unwearable. And given our upcoming trip--including travel to the Lake District--the land of walking, only having one pair of jeans seemed like a bad idea. So I found a store that sold maternity clothes and in 15 minutes (that was all I had) selected a pair of petite (that was even the right length!) jeans that I love.

*****************

#7 - I just went brain dead. I had a number 7. In fact I had a number  8 and 9 earlier today, but it's now several hours later (I did get the budget done) and I've forgotten them all. Sigh. I blame Baby Q.

Good night.

No comments:

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...