Saturday, September 8, 2012

Daybook September 8, 2012

Outside my window...the dark cometh. The night air is cool as we finish what has been the first really cool day in months. Delightful. Despite an already busy day with homework in the morning and a birthday party in the afternoon, we took a trip to a park just because the weather was so nice we had to!


One of my favorite things...Baby wiggles. Baby Q kept me up for a good 45 minutes last night with his/her ecstatic dancing around at 2am. Not sure what was so exciting, but apparently something was. Such a delightful feeling even if I do want to sleep.

Baby Q--I've been trying to come up with a nickname for this new little one for several months. Hadn't really hit on much. Had considered another fruit nickname, but Kumquat (the size of fruit s/he was when we looked it up) seemed a bit of a mouthful. And I don't really see much future in cute kumquat items. Nothing else really fit. I finally was making a Pinterest board the other night (again at 2am--not Baby Q this time just plain old pregnancy insomnia) for the new baby and had put Baby ? for a title. Didn't like that, but thought Baby Question was a bit odd. Finally decided to stick with Baby Q. And no, this is in no way indicative of any baby name thoughts.

I am going...to England!!!!! In 13 days!!!!! Ahem. Am feeling slightly excited by this upcoming trip, can you tell? A week in the Lake District followed by the Yorkshire Dales followed by a bit of the south and then back up to the Dales. Happy!

I am thinking...of my Mum and Dad and the fact that I get to see them soon and how excited I am. It's been nearly 10 years since I've been to England last. 10 years since I've seen any of my British relatives. And it's been 16 months since I've seen my parents. To have the pleasure of seeing all these people and places I've missed all at the same time, I might bust!

I am thankful for... dog sitters, new suitcases, plane tickets, Blueberries and Baby Qs, jobs that pay enough to allow me to travel, vacation time, and girls who don't want me to go (which is also sad, but nice to know they actually want us around!).

From the learning rooms...[or in our case--the learning brain]...Blueberry just keeps on learning and growing--particularly in her speech. Her grasp of language and sentence forming is blossoming overnight it seems like. Her vocabulary just keeps expanding to the point where I can't even keep up. She was very proud of herself at the park today as she was flying up and down the stairs and slide by herself with ease. It's been so hot we hadn't been to a park for several months. She came back home looking empowered by her own prowess!

From the kitchen...comes spaghetti. It was definitely a spaghetti night. Easy and simple and fast.

I am wearing...preggo jeans and a black preggo shirt. Tennis shoes. Looking very large today. The crazy thing is that I am still exactly the same weight I was when I first got pregnant, just my dimensions have all shifted around!

I am creating...final "to do" lists of everything I need to get accomplished in the next two weeks. Running out of time!


In my mailbox today.. .My new Living Without magazine, a plug convertor for our trip, and some new Apple flavored Izzies. Yum! Of course this baby has a limited appetite for sweet things (good for me I'm sure, but sometimes annoying), so I'm actually very full up on Izzies right now. Oh well, better that than to be lacking!

I am reading.. .Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. Which I've read before but have found particularly interesting to read again this time around because so much of what she has to say either makes more sense or is what I've personally experienced myself (both good and bad).

I am hoping...to get an ultrasound before we go. And hopefully Baby Q will be a little less of a question mark, at least in gender and due date!

I am hearing...giggles as the girls watch Wallace and Grommit before bed.

Around the house...Things feel slightly messy. Christopher worked really hard at helping clean up the kitchen/get some laundry put away, so that has helped substantially. I got some nasty allergy thing or something and it knocked me down hard our last three days off (and a few days before we went off duty). Then we came back on duty yesterday to an absolutely exhausting, run your tail end off sort of day. Of course today was also busy; although, less in a going places sort of way and just in a "its Saturday and I have 9 children all of whom have different needs sort of way". Am fortunately feeling like I'm beginning to recuperate, just so long as I can sleep. Hopefully the mess with continue to get organized quickly.

One of my favorite things...Fall. And it is beginning to peek its head up and say hello. So excited!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Church tomorrow. Several major homework items to still finish off. Lots of doctor appointments and other craziness next week, so it's not going to slow down at all. Sigh. I think they're trying to make sure I absolutely need a vacation before I take it!

Here is picture (or more) for thought I am sharing... She's just getting so independent!



Want to join in? Go check out The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

Hillery said...

Baby Q is cute! Though, if you know anything about Q from Star Trek, dangerous, hee hee! Hopefully soon it will be less of a question about lots of things baby before you go to England. Wave as you fly over! Love ya!

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...