Friday, January 9, 2015

7 Quick Takes (vol. 36)




#1 - 60 hours and I leave to go home!!!!!!!! I'm not excited or anything, can you tell? We're all packed other than a last few little things to throw in at the last minute. We've spent the week putting away Christmas decorations around the cottage, getting the cottage cleaned up and prepped for us being gone, and cleaning up our own humble 400 sq feet. The clock is ticking at a steady pace, and I'm feeling like when we leave I will leave my house in a good state to come back to, which was the goal.

*****************
#2 - Been looking for some cute kid-friendly "thank you" cards. I've pinned several lately, but I particularly like this style, at least for the current age we're at. I'm thinking: things to do on the many hours on airplanes coming up.

kids coloring–thank you cards –free printable

*****************
#3 - Trying to teach our squirrely older five Settlers of Catan. Three of them have played before (although either a long time ago or just a few times), and the other two have never played before. Chris is playing, and I'm being general adviser. Which is very tricky when you know what everyone has and are trying to advise fairly. And those you are advising have brains made of sieves....

*****************

#4 - In my never ending search for homeschool ideas and resources, I ran across this little article the other day: How I’m Using Spiral Notebooks to Simplify Homeschooling.   I like this article with it's simple view on how to organize, especially when juggling a lot. I feel this is something that's going to be very useful in a few years.

*****************

#5 - I bought Chris the board game Pandemic for Christmas. It is proving to be such a fun game! Totally a cooperative-play game, which is nice. Perfect for two people. And a quick play. Plus you save the world. Really, what is there not to love?

*****************

#6 - Other games we bought for Christmas: Dixit and Say Anything. These are really fun games as well. Dixit is like Apples to Apples but with pictures. Very imagination and family friendly. Say Anything can be hysterically funny and very thought-provoking depending on (a) who is playing and (b) how tired you are.

*****************

#7 - One of my more recent creations--the never ending rope. Fast, fun, easy, and cute:


No comments:

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...