Monday, January 13, 2014

Daybook 01.13.14

Outside my window...it is dark outside. The bitter cold is gone, replaced by a not unpleasant coolness that allowed me to be out some of the day without a jacket on. Really, the weather is even more temperate here than it was in Hot Springs. Which is nice because it shouldn't be quite so miserably hot in the summer making it difficult to do anything.

I am thinking...about the unexpected meeting I had today with another MK in the Sprint store. It all began thanks to the airplane necklace gifted to me from my sister. Attached with the Springfield, Missouri address, he mentioned his parents were AG missionaries. Which of course led to the typical TCK sharing of life stories. Comforting to know that I can find my "other family" at unforeseen times.

I am thankful for...a working phone. Since about December 27 I've been struggling with getting my phone to charge. Apparently the Samsung Galaxy S2 has a common issue with this charging problem. End result, I am now the proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S4. And happy to be able to text and call again. I shall mourn my lost 304 levels of Candy Crush however.

From the learning rooms...[or in our case--the learning brain]...comes so much change. Blueberry is growing like a weed. Her imagination has exploded and she is turning into the most charming of little girls, combined with an infuriating stubbornness at times :)  Baby Q has also grown. I finally had to change out his wardrobe to 12 months. He still isn't walking, but he's letting go and standing and will truck along at a speedy pace holding onto a wheel toy.

From the kitchen...I have bread in the oven. Lamb roast is sitting in my fridge, and ready for a succulent meal tomorrow. We had to go shopping today as we came off duty to an almost empty fridge. 21 days of cooking primarily out of one kitchen leaves rather lean pickings in the other!

I am wearing...a saffron yellow nursing top that I'm super happy I bought. I was wearing a rather pretty ankle-length, A-line jean skirt that I got for free (yay!), but I've changed that out for comfy, soft sweatpants and cozy socks. And my airplane necklace, gift of my baby sister.

I am creating...our Christmas (aka New Year) greeting card. Didn't quite manage to get them sent out before Christmas, so they will be a welcome to 2014 card instead. Got to update our address sometime, right? :)

I am going...to go see Frozen tomorrow. Chris took all our girls during Christmas break, but since Blueberry was still recovering from the flu at the time,  we did not go. Chris came back and informed me that we have to go to see this at the first chance possible. So we will. Blue is very excited.

In my mailbox today.. .nothing when I checked. However, I was very pleased a week ago to receive the most gorgeous quilt, handmade from Baby Q's great-grandmother. Just waiting for the promised one of Charlotte's to also come. We have one of the first quilt's she made in our room...a wedding gift.

I am reading.. .as always, multiple books. I finally picked up the Divergent series and have been devouring that. Am also reading, To Live is Christ by Beth Moore. 16 of her books were available for free Kindle downloads, so I'm enjoying reading through these.

I am hoping...to have a talk with a friend tomorrow. It's been too long.

I am hearing...peace. Blissful peace. Baby Q is sleeping, Blueberry is sleeping, we are off duty, and I am alone temporarily and enjoying it greatly.

Around the house...things are a little messy. Mainly because I have an almost toddler (gulp!) and a toddler who greatly enjoy playing hard. And that's okay. My pride will survive.

One of my favorite things...boot socks. They're just so cute!

A few plans for the rest of the week: 
  • Sleep
  • Get my cell phone fixed
  • Explore Charlotte by going to Whole Foods and possibly elsewhere
  • Bake bread
  • Bake brownies
  • Make Roast Lamb
  • Eat Thai food
  • Eat Indian food
  • Work on a story with my husband
  • Catch up on my blogs
  • bills/Budget
  • Talk to some dear friends
  • Plan a birthday party
  • Go see Frozen
  • Wash diapers
  • blog
  • change the sheets on my bed
  • research a ballet class for Blue
  • and more I'm sure....
Here is picture (or more) for thought I am sharing...

He's just so darn cute.

 Jat Ai (Peek a Boo)....favorite current game.

Want to join in? Go check out The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...