Monday, March 31, 2014

Thankfullness - 1000 Gifts March II

16. 3 Hard Eucharisteos
  • Having parents who are missionaries--living across the world, so far away--and yet doing as they are called by the Lord.
  • Having given up living near family, following the pattern of most of my life, in order to follow in obedience to the Lord. Working a job that is a ministry and a gift.
  • The pangs of labor, resulting in a gift from the Lord.

17.  A Gift Turned, Folded, Hung
  • Turned: the three year old who, storming away from me in an angry fit at being told no, stops, turns of her own decision, and returns to me to me to "talk about it"
  • Folded:
  • Hung: two gorgeous skirts, free of cost, exactly the style I've been wanting
18. 3 Gifts Red
  • Roses, given by my love, in full bloom full of sweetness and promise.
  • Crisp apples, sweet and tasty
  • A velvety Christmas dress, hanging in the wardrobe, waiting for the next time of celebration.
 19.  3 Gifts Eaten
  • fresh baked bread with honey on top
  • granola and yoghurt first thing in the  morning
  • roast chicken that stretches into a meal of chicken tacos and then stretches further into chicken veggie soup
20. 3 Gifts That Make You Laugh
  • Baby Q leaning forward to give a slobbery, wet, open-mouth kiss
  • Silly girls all talking at once to share a story about school, running into each other with their words and giggling over nothing in the end
  • My Blueberry informing me we are playing "I'm the mommy doggy, doggy is the baby doggy, and you're the grandma doggy. Daddy can be grandpa."
21. A Gift Salty, Sweet, Just Right
  • Salty caramel chocolate
22. 3 Gifts Found in His Word
  • Hope
  • A Future
  • Savior
23.  3 Gifts found in Women Today
  • Motherhood - a continuation of the role from the beginning of time
  • Compassion for others
  • Leadership in the church--mentoring to other women. 
24.  3 Gifts Spoken
  • "I love you"
  • An encouraging phone call on a tired day.
  • "You're beautiful."
25. A Gift Sung, Written, Painted
  • "Let it Go" sung by a goat. Because it made me laugh.
  • Madeline L'Engle - Walking on Water: Reflections on Faith and Art  Such a continual source of inspiration--both spiritually and in my arts.
  • Rainbow colors of a freshly painted picture by my three year old.
26. 3 Gifts Almost Gone
  • A plate of sticky rice and somtam. A taste of home.
  • Another month in 2014. So quickly they pass, so precious each day, even the ones that seem to drag on.
  • A TV show that has made me laugh and given me times of distance from sometimes stressful days.
27. 3 Gifts Redeemed
  • My parents, missionaries to a nation in desperate need of a Savior.
  • My brother and his wife--serving those who are so often considered lesser.
  • My sister and her husband--teaching children; reaching out to friends; love and laughter.
 28. 3 Gifts Entwined
  • baby arms and mommy arms--held together
  • Hands with my husband, sleeping in the night.
  • Matching mommy and toddler toes, rosy red, bonded in paint.
 29. 3 Gifts of His Promise
  • A future in heaven
  • Purification, even from the times I just flat out fail.
  • "I have called you friends" John 15:15
30. 3 Gifts Uncovered
  • Baby toes wiggling in the grass
  • Lost socks buried underneath a bookshelf when we need more socks or be forced to buy more.
  • Toes, free in sandals, rejoicing in heat after the cold of bitter winter.
31. A gift heard, held, hoped
  • A longed for baby cry in the dark, arms wrapped around my neck for comfort and love.

    No comments:

    Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

    The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...