Thursday, August 21, 2008

My food is being problematic

So yesterday all this glutenny stuff snuck up behind me and smacked me really hard. It's most unfair when I get really sick from eating and I have absolutely no idea what I ate that is the problem.

Any ways, I've decided I'm going to have to do a reversal and go back on a very, very strict diet for the next week or so with the foods I'm 100,000% positive are fine (i.e. vegetables, rice, and chicken - but only when flavored with the appropriate things - and some of the new gf recipes i've found that don't contain other potential dangers), get all this new garbage back out of my system, and then basically start over again. I think the additional areas that are potentially really causing me trouble might be
  • soy
  • beef (fed with wheat...)
  • sugar

From everything i can read, if you're already having intestinal issues, all three of these can exaserbate the issue a lot and cause gluten-like symptoms. Maybe if I try to weed them out of my system for 6 months to a year and give my entire stomach a chance to completely heal, i'll be able to eat them again.

But, it'll be another case of experimentation as to whether or not those threee really are causing me more grief.

I'm just so tired of being sick all the time. It gets very discouraging.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I guess the only good thing is the blessing that you really do like chicken, rice and vegetables...

Sorry you feel so sick, though.

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...