Thursday, July 12, 2007

Awkward

There is always a certain level of awkwardness in meeting with some individuals. I had lunch today with a very sweet couple, the wife of whom has known me since I was little and was /is very good friends with my parents. However, while I know of this woman, and I have followed her life through her letters to my parents and occasional cards to me, I have not actually met her since I was about three! It wound up being a very nice lunch (once we found each other!), but the whole time was this subtle level of..."I really don't know you, and [on her part] you don't look at all like the little girl I remember!" Naturally, since I'm now in my mid-20's and no longer blonde! I imagine I will have experiences like this my entire life - a downfall or perhaps advantage of being the daughter of missionaries - lots of people know you that you really don't know yourself! All in all, it was a good experience and I'm glad I made it happen, but still...awkward!

No comments:

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...