Wednesday, July 11, 2007

To Blog or Not To Blog

Why am I doing this? I have a myspace - I blog on there occasionally, so why do I want to start an actual blog? Well, there are several reasons.

1. I am trying to get back into the habit of writing consistantly, and even if this is not always (although it may be occasionally) creative writing, at least I'm writing.

2. I want a record...I remember always watching my Mum keep her diary every night (more or less), and I've seen her refer back to entries...and I've always thought that was a great idea. So why don't I do it? I don't know. Possibly becuase I've grown up in a generation in which typing is much more common than hand-writing and my brain goes faster than my poor hand can keep up? Possibly because it's hard to edit and revisit the journals that I have keep over the years due to messy hand-writing, etc. Either way, I'm going to try to this version and see how it works!

3. I have many friends with whom I have a hard time keeping up, and this is one way to attempt that.

4. And somehow the layout and design of an actual blog rather than myspace is much more pleasing to the eye.

So there you have it. I shall try and see how this goes.

No comments:

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...