Monday, January 10, 2011

Daybook - January 10, 2011

Outside my window...snow is falling, as it has all day. Can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning and see the end amount!

I am thinking...that I need to make a definite effort to see some mommy friends of mine whom I haven't seen in awhile. I'm home now--must take advantage of it!

I am thankful for...unexpected opportunities. I've had two different potential editing/writing jobs pop into my life completely randomly today. I'm excited to see if both/either pan out. Has required me to do some digging into old academic papers and personal writing for writing samples.

From the learning rooms...[or in our case--the learning brain]...comes another tooth! OK, OK, so she didn't learn it, just grew it. But still. She had a fussy night last night. Couldn't figure out what was going on, and lo and behold, she bit me again today. Upon further inspection, I discovered that she was just practicing with her latest tooth. That's two now! Only 22(?) more to go.

From the kitchen...comes a working microwave!

I am wearing...a very blue, very comfy, very warm outfit. Ah....nothing like a snowy day for comfort!

I am creating...some brainstormed ideas on some creative writing I want to do. Digging through my old stuff has inspired me!

I am going...to bed. Very shortly. As soon as I finish writing this.

I am reading.. . back issues of Mothering magazine (thank you Almamater). Really enjoying them. Oh, and my latest Living Without magazine. Interesting article on corn.

I am hoping...for something great to happen. Can't give particulars on what. But I'm still hoping it nonetheless.

I am hearing...silence. Blessed silence. Never mind. The heat just kicked on. Now I'm hearing heat blowing through the vents.

Around the house...I feel accomplished. I've been managing to get stuff crossed off my list, and it's giving me hope for the future!

One of my favorite things...is watching my husband and daughter play together; they're just both so cute!

A few plans for the rest of the week: keep working on my "to do" list; introduce Blueberry to snow (probably from a window!); buy plane tickets...

Here is picture (or more) for thought I am sharing...


I know this is my picture from my profile, but I just had to comment on it. Every time I look at this picture, the bits and pieces of Blueberry that are so mine just stand out so much that it kind of baffles my mind. In so many ways, she is her father's daughter. But I look at a picture like this, and I realize how much of me is in there as well. Frightening. That adorable creature grew in me. Still can't quite grasp it, and I lived it!

Want to join in? Go check out The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...