Saturday, January 8, 2011

Daybook--January 8, 2011

Outside my window...this evening....was this beautiful sunset. Deceptively cold outside today. Brilliant sunshine but very sharp air. Snow is supposed to be coming over the next few days--first real snow of the year (at least for us).



I am thinking...of plans for the next few months. They're beginning to fill up quickly with big events. Trips, baby dedication, wedding and shower...so much to do!

I am thankful for...Blueberry apparently figuring out nap time. She's been taking regular naps (textbook timing!) the last few days for several hours each nap. Such a blessing. Praying this is not just a fluke. Now to master bedtime, and we'll be in heaven.

From the learning rooms...[or in our case--the learning brain]...Blueberry has been mastering the art of grasping. Which is dangerous because now everything within reach is fair game. She's also been learning how to drink out of a sippy cup (we've given up on bottles with her). Tooth appears to have successfully broken through. Much less fussy and way less drool.

From the kitchen...I am trying to develop the habit of wearing an apron while cooking. I'm tired of getting grease and various other substances (like flour--I can't come anywhere near flour without getting it all over me). I have two full-length aprons and one half-apron (thanks to my talented sis-in-law); now to utilize them consistently.

I am wearing...comfy PJs. Had a bath, chilling with my husband watching weird people torture themselves for $50,000 (Wipe Out) or millions of dollars (football).

I am creating...a new budget. Oh joy. It's taken a few months to get a better idea of our needs/financial status now that I'm home. Few things to still get straightened out, but so far, by the grace of God, we're making it.

I am going...to work on getting the application for Blueberry's passport started. Figure better start now as it's good for five years and it's safe to have it than not (especially knowing my family).

I am reading.. . several books (what else is new, I know). Finishing up a fascinating book on survival in disasters called The Unthinkable: Who Survives When Disaster Strikes - and Why. Lots of food for thought there. Am also in the middle of The Tanglewood's Secret, probably my favorite Patricia St John book. Also just finished a cute young adult book called The Mysterious Benedict Society about the unusual adventures of some brainiac kids--new series for me. Over Christmas read a book called Mere Churchianity, more on that later.

I am hoping...that once we get our microwave fixed, nothing else will break around here for at least a little while. Some days it seems like never-ending breakages.

I am hearing...some new songs my husband downloaded recently.

Around the house...I have realized that I love my microwave. I hope to never have to be in a situation where I can't use a microwave. Our current microwave has been broken for about a week now and it's driving me crazy.

One of my favorite things...dancing with Blueberry. She just laughs and laughs and laughs. Delightful.

A few plans for the rest of the week: church, watching the Packers tomorrow at a friends house (aka--the boys watching the game, the girls watching three small children, catching up, and other far more interesting things than football), and the next round of shots for Blueberry (poor girlie).

Here is picture (or more) for thought I am sharing...

My bookworm in the making



(Our future baby sitter? Problem--she's only six).

"
I love reading!"


"Tastes so good..."


"Oh my. I never dreamed they made books so big!"


Want to join in? Go check out The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...