Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Daybook--January 19

Outside my window...the clouds are gray and crabby. As I've listened to the radio throughout the day, the snow predictions keep getting worse and worse. It was 1-3 inches this morning, by later morning they were saying 2-4, and this afternoon I heard 3-6!

I am thinking...it is ridiculous that I can't find an affordable pair of yoga pants in petite length. So I now have two pairs to hem. Yay me.

I am thankful for...my husband who so sweetly took his holiday Monday and gave me a break. Got up early with Blueberry and let me sleep in, went grocery shopping for some necessities. Such a wonderful man.

From the learning rooms...[or in our case--the learning brain]...comes a resurgence of rolling over. Toes, while still fascinating, have become a little less absorbing, and so rolling over is becoming more interesting again. Just tummy to back though. Not seen any signs of rolling over the other way. That and practicing sitting on her own. She can do it for a little bit before she topples over.

From the kitchen...comes the smell of bone-broth from the slow cooker. And some turkey meat that needs turning into something for dinner. Not sure what yet. Really need to work on my menus.

I am wearing...a white nursing shirt (thank you Motherwear) and a pair of comfy jeans. One rather messy hairstyle (it was neater earlier, but taking my hat on and off destroyed my hair for the day, and I've given up and dumped it into a clip).

I am creating...a mental list (to be translated into physical list at some point here) of all the things that I would do if I were only superwoman and could do a million things every day.

I am going...nowhere the rest of the day. Went to the airport to buy plane tickets to Arizona. Yay!

I am reading.. . The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly. Won a Newberry honor in 2009. Cute--reminds me of Caddy Woodlawn a little bit (although, I will admit to it being quite a few years since I read that book!).

I am hoping...to learn how to do digital scrap booking. Have a few links to start me out on, just need to some more reading/studying. We'll see how this goes.

I am hearing...the soft buzz of the baby monitor, the puppies barking to be let in, and Sinatra crooning at me.

Around the house...I feel like I'm taking one step forward and two steps back. Get one thing accomplished, oh look--five new things need doing. Am working very hard on getting into a better rhythm (surprisingly difficult at times).

One of my favorite things...warmth inside when it's bitter outside.

A few plans for the rest of the week: buy another set of plane tickets, continue working on passports, get some writing done, bake some GF bread, and work on menus.

Here is picture (or more) for thought I am sharing...

Charlotte's First Snow Day


All Bundled Up...


Want to join in? Go check out The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

almamater said...

I want to know more about a) the passports!! b) your critique of Calpurnia Tate...have heard of it several times, but have lost faith in the literary awards for children's books...would you want Blueberry reading this book someday? c) the digital scrapbooking-I've been curious about it but haven't done really any research-would love it if you shared the sites you think are worthwhile. Love you guys!

Six More Months of Shuffle and Change

The last post I wrote was July 2018. We were settling into routine, finding a groove, and trying to fit our family of five into a two-bedroo...